iPhone wireless syncing!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kangle, Aug 7, 2008.

1. kangle macrumors newbie

So why is it we still have to physically connect our iPhones to sync? Assuming one has wireless access on their home network, isn't it a simple thing for Apple to implement with a software upgrade? I mean, Apple TV already does this nicely. This is my most anticipated additional feature.

Is their some technical challenge to this that I am not seeing? Or do you think this is just something Apple has in their back pocket for future upgrades?

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Wireless sync would be slower than plugging it in. Also how would you charge the iPhone?

Apple will prob have it in the works for the next phone.

3. kangle thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand, but...

... syncing would be in the background during the times you are not using your phone.

I charge my phone from the wall, not thru the Mac's USB port. The wall outlet gives you a much faster charge, and many times I charge my phone in the cradle I keep at work while I sit at my desk anyway. But I would like to walk into my home and get the latest podcasts without plugging in to the Mac just for that.

4. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Yea that would be cool to just be able to sync in the background! I think that would be cool so you dont have to plug it in. But what would happen half way through a sync if you walked out and didnt know about it?

I charge my iPhone through the wall and through my Mac, depends were i am.

5. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I dunno, if it's apparently too difficult to type out a thread title that isn't misleading...imagine how hard it would be to create wireless syncs.