Iphone Wish List After 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmpacheco, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jmpacheco macrumors newbie

I sent this to apple. Fingers crossed!!! :D

Dear Apple:

The iPhone is an amazing product. I am very happy with it. Despite this, I feel there are a number of things that should be upgraded and some strange oversights in the product. I have never written a message like this before, but I am so happy with my iPhone I just want it to get better and better.

Oversights:

1) TO DO'S:

I use my iPhone for both business and pleasure. I need TO DO'S that sync up with my iCal and not some third party standalone list. This is a big oversight, and its really difficult for me to understand why it was left out!!!

We got note sync on 3.0 and still no tasks??? This is urgent!

2) Support for Subscription Calendar Syncing:

My iPhone does not sync subscription calendars that I have added to iCal. These are very useful. Specially if you work with people and sometimes need to know what they are up to to coordinate meetings, ect. This brings me to point number 3.

3) Iphone Calendar always displays all calendars.

The iCal feature to have different calendars is excellent. I have my personal stuff on one of them, and my office stuff on another, and so fourth. Why can't I turn off some calendars in my iPhone, just like I do in iCal to get organized.

4) The ability to remove native apps.

I don't play in the stock market. Stocks clutters my iPhone desktop! Maybe it could be applied to some apps (ie. not the phone app)

5) iDisk App.

Apple has been pushing mobile me really hard, and its amazing that we don't have an app for easy access to one of its most useful features, iDisk. It would be amazing to just be able to click an app and access my iDisk online (not store the files locally, just an easy access ie. web-app of sorts.) This goes hand in hand with an omission in leopard to sync a folder outside your iDisk Sync Folder. I want to sync my Documents folder to my iDisk, not have to copy my documents folder into iDisk, and when I produce a new Document and save it to my documents folder, have the documents in my iDisk folder be out of date!!!

It would be out of this world if I could sync the documents folder on my mac to iDisk and then have all my documents viewable in my iPhone with the touch of a button!!!

6) iChat.

Instead of and sms app, have iChat. There already are several IM apps on the app store, why can't we get a native iChat application that integrates sms and ichat clients?

7) Ipod Lyrics Display:

Can't view the embedded lyrics on songs on my iPhone.

8) RSS Reader that syncs up with mail.

I get my news through RSS. I have the feeds I need in mail, and read them every day. Why can't the iPhone have a native app that will just sync my RSS news with mail, so that if I read an article in the morning on my computer, its not unread on my iphone, and if I add a new RSS feed to mail, it is added automatically to my iPhone? This would be a very simple way of getting a no headache iPhone RSS experience, with the tools that leopard already has in it!

9) Itunes Music Store info on the iPhone Ipod, just like in Itunes.

Very self explanatory.

Now for the Enhancements that would really set the iPhone apart, even more than now, from any other smartphone!!! You probably already know everyone wants these... but still... I want to reiterate our desire to get these into the iPhone ASAP.

1) A real camera!

A real camera with a 8MP, 10MP or something of sorts resolution. Smile Shutter, Face detection, Face tagging on the phone (that automatically syncs up with iphoto), and a FLASH... a real flash. I think everyone is dying to throw away their cameras and get both the phone and the camera in the same device. Autofocus. Image Stabilization is a must! The iPhone is already an iPod, a Phone and a Media Communications Device... why not add a 4th feature! Add a Carl Zeiss lens... go all the way. If it makes the phone too expensive offer both options... the camera phone, and the regular phone. Trust me, people will pay the extra bucks to save 300$ on a real camera to take to trips, ext.

2) A front facing Camera.

This one doesn't have to be the real camera, just an ok, front facing camera for video calls with Skype for example. Everyone is asking for this!!! Listen to us!

3) Turn it into a real gaming device.

Now that the dock connector has the ability to support hardware additions, make a controller that will clip on to the phone (like the tom tom gps). Put a few buttons on it, and watch everyone leave their Nintendo DS and PSP consoles at home, and just take their iPhone for gaming. The touch screen and accelerometer can only get you so far... but if used in conjunction with a controller, the iPhone can be the Nintendo Wii of portable gaming systems.

Well, that about sums it up.

Thanks for listening.

2. Que macrumors 6502

and if you could deliver the moon on a stick to my house then that'd be great.

thanks mr apple.

3. Jmpacheco thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe the enhancements are a bit far fetched... but one can dream. TODO'S on the other hand... you have to agree on that!

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

im not completely sure about this as i dont have an iPhone but dont To Do's sync to the Mail app if you have them set to be created in your IMAP email account and not "On My Mac"? but it would be good if To Do's where synced to the Calendar app.

5. Reiger macrumors regular

Dude, half on your list is already possible.

To do's and RSS feeds can be managed quite well through third party apps, even syncing through to your computer
    Subscription calendar's is possible (email the adress of the calendar or add it manually through setting)
    You can choose which calendar(s) to display (tap calendar button in app)
    iDisk app is on its way: http://www.apple.com/mobileme/whats-new/
    iPod can already show lyrics: just tap on the album art

Various gaming accessoiries have also been announced...

I don't think Apple should add more functionality, if people can't even find everything it already does :rolleyes:

6. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

7. Stiss macrumors 6502a

I'd love a Trash App.

So when you delete said Apps from your home screen, for example as another post indicates Stocks. It goes to the Trash and then IF you decide you do want it, you can just restore it.

Or If you could delete native apps, then a quick restore using iTunes would put it right.

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

do To Do third party apps sync with the To Do's in Mail? i.e. if i add one in Mail and then one on my iPhone will they be on both devices after syncing?

9. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

I agree wholeheartedly with To Dos and RSS. The current method of syncing is hardly straightforward and definitely not intuitive.

I know there are third party apps but they aren't very practical with RSS as it requires typing the address in and I already have a to do list in iCal so I should be able to sync that with alerts and everything.

10. Shoot macrumors regular

11. jaycebeasley macrumors newbie

jaycebeasley

I wholeheartedly agree.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Much of your list is silly but hot real camera request made me laugh.

Ps. I'd like the moon outside my window too. :cool:

13. Jowl macrumors 6502

Software: Do To's/Tasks and Subscribed calendar syncing

Hardware: 3-5mp cam with LED flash.

I would be happy with that.

14. Narzist macrumors member

It's coming soon.

So why would Apple do so? They're getting money from every IM client sold. Maybe if they release a front camera phone someday.

This has already been a feature since the release of 2.0.

Nobody would pay that much just for a camera like this. This would make the iPhone look god damn ugly and much more expensive. Nobody would save 300$ on a regular camera beacause the iPhone would be like 200$ more. And don't forget: The iPhone 3GS already has a built in autofocus.

First of all: Nobody does video calls! Maybe it might be a nice feature for the first one or two weeks, but after that you be allready fed up. In Japan, almost every phone uses this feature, but nobody utilizes it.
    Second: Cellular Networks don't have the broadwith ready yet to support video calls.

Please, NO! It'll be a f***ing chaos. There would be to many hardware add-ons and not all the games would support every hardware. It'll just be a mess. Furthermore why should a gamer play casual mini games on the iphone, when they could have real games on the ds und psp. Nobody can honestly think, the iPhone can really compete with those two devices.

15. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Straight off the bat it would be absolutely great to be able to send a group SMS rather than have the damn thing defaulting to a group MMS when you send to more than one person. Version 3.0 has a lot of improvements but it always seems to me with all the beta releases etc how something so simple can slip by. Sloppy work, but then again, the iphone has always been playing catchup and still has a long way to go in some areas. Can't help but bitch and love the interface at the same time.