iPhone with 32 Gb.... when do you think it will come out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Galapp, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Galapp macrumors regular

I hope it comes out soon... I don't see myself buying an iPhone with less than 32 Gb... I am pretty sure its gonna be in like april-may (max)... have you heard anything about it? do you think they will raise their prices or keep it on 499$ ?

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

why do you think so soon. They just released the 16gb. Im pretty sure prices for a single 32gb chip won't come down in price that fast.

My guess would be 4Q.

3. Galapp thread starter macrumors regular

well, first of all, there is a 32 Gb iPod touch, so the technology is already there and in the same price... the question is when will steve jobs decide to release it... because technically, if they want, they can release it tomorrow... why am I so confident? because I think lately they have been trying to have a big update every 2 months... my prediction is iPhone 32 Gb, iPod shuffle 2Gb, probably some other new things, and MAYBE the new MBP :D
    I am confident :p

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

the touch has 2 memory chips. The iPhone has one (and a phone radio).

5. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

exactly.

until the price of a single 32g chip comes way down we're stuck at 16, which is pretty damn excellent for a phone.

6. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

They'll probably price drop the 8GB and the 16GB models $100 for the 2nd gen and add new features but, as commented before, 32GB will be end of year, start 2009.

7. wizard macrumors 68040

I've just realized that I don't know what interface the iPhone uses for access to its flash memory. I'm wondering if anybody knows?

In any event I would not expect 32GB in the current iPhone hardware until mid year or early fall. It is simply a matter that single chip solutions won't arrive until then.

The one caveat here is that SAMSUNG, on of Apples Flash suppliers does offer up Flash in multi-chip modules. As such Flash could be doubled at a premium. Some of the Flash in the phones could infact be multi-chip modules right now.

In any event I suspect that Aple will simply wait for production ramps to take place on the latest technology chips.

Dave