iphone with GroupWise 7.03

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HugMnster, Sep 16, 2008.

1. HugMnster macrumors member

We run GroupWise here for our email. Our VP finance has gone today an bought an iPhone. He want to get email an calendar synced to the the iPhone. I know that it supports imap, will imap get both email an calendar info or just email. If it want sync the calendar the what do I need to do to get calendar info to sync.

thanks

jack

2. gdevitry macrumors member

I think you need GroupWise 8 (but it is only in beta). 8 has better iCal integration. For now, you'd probably need to have the calendar bouncing all over the place... not good for corp. data.

Or buy a third party sync server. :p

Greg

3. HugMnster thread starter macrumors member

We have the groupwise mobile server running ( intellisync ) but they do not support the iPhone. Maybe they will soon but not sure since nokia owns them now. I have to make this work somehow seeing as he is in charge of writing my check :). I will setup imap an see what happens for now.

thanks for replying.

jack

4. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Do you have an account rep for Novell? Give them a call. I'm sure they can get in touch with a Groupwise guru within Novell that is testing this in their labs.

5. 545h4 macrumors newbie

I'm stuck with Groupwise at my office...

I use Companionlink to sync to a google calendar (for offsite use as we didn't have securid fobs available). I now use neuvasync to sync with google calendars. So far has been working for me... I wish there was a direct method, but this'll do for now...

6. HugMnster thread starter macrumors member

I'll see if I can find someone at novell that will check an see if anyone is working on this in the labs. thanks for the suggestion, I had not thought about that.

I have imap working for pulling in the email only for him at the moment.

jack