iPhone with iOS 7 Activation Error

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jsf8x, Oct 5, 2013.

1. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

So my iPhone just restarted by itself and now it says it needs to be activated again. Unfortunately, it won't let me reactivate my phone because it can't connect to Apple's servers. A quick check on twitter says that this isn't just me and its been happening to other people as well.

As this happened to any of you and have you been able to figure out any sort of solution?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Were you using a beta version of iOS 7? Or did you only update to iOS 7 after it was released to the public?

It sounds like you were on beta 5 or 6, which expires on October 6th.

3. dtpearson macrumors member

Me too, my iPhone5 has been down for about an hour.

Phone just restarted itself and now won’t activate.

Bugger, i was going to pick up a 5s yesterday, but i put it off until after the weekend.

My wifes iPhone5 is OK, no problems at all.

----------

Yep, my phone was on beta. Would be nice if the update would have appeared, i will have to restore it.

4. TTile macrumors 6502

If you're on beta it would be showing this problem since the beta expired.

5. jsf8x thread starter macrumors 6502

jsf8x

I was, that could have happened. Anyway I could fix that?

6. alexrmc92 macrumors regular

Same here, i figured the phone would have updated to retail automatically. I guess not.

7. TTile macrumors 6502

Google DFU mode. Restore using that. Backup your phone before doing so since a restore will delete all your data.

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

This is why they are betas released to developers - most people don't know what they're doing. Not trying to be harsh, but there's reasons you had to download it from random sites on the internet..

Phones don't update software automatically. You had to update through the betas manually through OTA updates - to get to the GM/public release, you needed to download the file and then install through iTunes on your computer.

Plug it into your computers and restore through iTunes, should fix it for you guys.

9. dtpearson macrumors member

From the Dev forums;

Download the 7.0.2 IPSW for your device from the Dev center.
    Connect your device in iTunes.
    Do an Option-Update.
    Select your downloaded IPSW.
    Your device will update to 7.0.2.

You should still have everything on there as normal... Enjoy!

10. TTile macrumors 6502

They probably don't have developer accounts. They'll probably have to do a restore in iTunes. I just posted instructions here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=18086695#post18086695

11. jsf8x thread starter macrumors 6502

jsf8x

I do have a dev account for a couple of silly reasons but am not as knowledgeable as most of you guys concerning many technical things. I'll try this out momentarily. Thanks.

12. vdubben macrumors newbie

phone will not get out of recovery mode to updatd..tried all the downloads that help it sn0w...

13. TTile macrumors 6502

If you have a developer account just download the latest version from the developer website. Extract the file so you have the ipsw file available. Click "update" while holding down option. Select the ipsw file. No need to backup in this case (although you might want to do it just to be safe).

14. Spencie macrumors regular

Spencie

Hm.. When I option update I get a warning saying that I have to disable Find My iPhone and iCloud. I guess I'll just DFU restore it.

15. TTile macrumors 6502

I just did it without having to do the dfu. I had the ipsw file from my dev account.

16. alexrmc92 macrumors regular

I am a developer, i just figured apple would have made the retail update automatic. This is my first beta experience, i wasn't a developer during the iOS 6 beta.

I had already fixed the phone, i was just saying that i also found myself in the same situation.

17. jsf8x thread starter macrumors 6502

jsf8x

Able to get it working again. Thanks for all the help guys. This was my first time with dev account and an iOS beta so I also expected it to switch over automatically. Thanks.