iPhone with iPad firmware won't jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jimpleussjr, Dec 29, 2010.

1. jimpleussjr macrumors newbie

So I've been trying to jailbreak/unlock my iPhone 3G for quite a while now using all sorts of options but once it got better, it got much worse. I resorted to using PwnageTool and upgrading to the iPad firmware with the 4.2.1 ios. It worked, jailbreak, and I was able to unlock it with Ultrasn0w. However, immediately after working, I tried to plug it back in to sync my phone. It then decided to try to jailbreak again on it's own and is now stuck in recovery mode. I can't bring it to DFU mode because rather than offering the slide off it just goes black. I've tried using RedSn0w, pwnagetool, quickpwn, etc with a custrom IPSW. And tried doing a regular restore with the old firmware or old ios and I get an assortment of errors, from 1600 to 2001 to 1015 (the latest one). Any thoughts on what I can do to bring this back? I know that I can't downgrade the firmware once it's on the iPad one.

Thanks!
    Jim

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

After seeing restoring and seeing the errors use TinyUmbrella to kick your iPhone out of recovery.

3. jimpleussjr thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, finally got it to work. I just used RedSn0w to put it into DFU mode, then used RedSn0w again with the 4.2.1 IPSW. Not sure why it decided to work this time after 3 weeks, but I'm very thankful it did.