iPhone with iTunes (work) and iTunes (home)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lukeksk, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Lukeksk macrumors member

I have managed to copy out all the songs/apps/photos/videos in the iTunes on my work machine (Windows) to the iTunes at home (iMac). Here's the challenge:

When I connect my iPhone3G to my iTunes(iMac) at home, I would like iTunes to sync all the songs/apps/photos/videos that I will maintain on this machine.

On the other hand, when I connect my iPhone to my iTunes(Windows) at work, I would like the iTunes there to only sync with Outlook Calendar and Contacts, and nothing else.

Is the above a workable and feasible arrangement? I prefer to use my home iMac to hold all non-work related stuffs while the iTunes (Windows) to manage only calendar and contact stuffs.

Thanks.

2. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Unless I missed something in reading your post, yes, you can do exactly what you described. In fact, that's the ONLY way it's possible to sync the iPhone with 2 different computers. I don't think it should make a difference that one computer is a Mac and the other a PC. The iPhone firmware/software is the same, regardless. I'll be interested to hear if that's a false assumption, since I will shortly be in a similar situation.

3. Alibrahim1994 macrumors newbie

You can also change the settings to only sync outlook contacts in the windows itunes and sync other stuff in the mac itune.