Iphone with Orange Sim Card (Need Help)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by achilus, May 4, 2010.

1. achilus macrumors newbie

I have a question about iphone and orange sim card unlock. I bought an Iphone from France Orange shop , but I used that in Turkey with local sim cards. but with an update(3.1.3) it is locked. And now it needs activation to open it. My question, if I use an orange sim card, can I activate my iphone and call orange to unlock my iphone with paying the fee of deal break??

And does anyone know the fee of deal break in Orange?
    does it differ to use Orange sim card bought in France or bought in any other country like UK?

Thanks for any help..

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

3. achilus thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to use my Iphone in Turkey with local operators.

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

Typically any carrier unlock originates from the carrier you bought the phone from and subject to any conditions they impose...

For example, O2 UK Pay monthly allows instant unlock but you're still bound to the contract for payments... O2 UK Pay'n'Go requires minimum of 12 months before they unlock

Although from personal experience i can tell you they don't necessarily hold you to that...

I would contact Orange France if thats who you bought it from...

The unlock process in the UK is to contact customer services or use the online site ... i then got an sms alert about 2 weeks later saying it was unlocked and to actually perform the unlock you connect phone to iTunes and then swap sim cards over ... it then does the unlock.

5. achilus thread starter macrumors newbie

If you bought your iphone without contract from any carrier and want to unlock, you would pay fee for unlock. But I dont know how orange France unlock Iphone.
    if you contact with Orange France and learn unlock procedure, I will be grateful, so much thanks for your help..

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If you don't ask, you won't find out. What makes you think they won't be able to help you? :)

7. androiphone macrumors 65816

FYI you can unlock at anytime on o2 payasyougo (even the same day you bought the phone) but in doing so you forfeit your 12 months free data and wifi

8. achilus thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant call orange france from turkey, even if I call, I dont know french.
    If anyone in france or UK ask any Orange from this countries and learn the procedure of unlock, it will be very helpful and I will be grateful, please help

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you don't know french then your going to have issues trying to unlock anyway aren't you ;)

if you got the sim from orange france, orange UK wont be of help as they will say speak to orange france, just ring orange france hit any option it throws at you and when u speak to someone say parlez vous anglais?

10. achilus thread starter macrumors newbie

Orange France can unlock iphone if you pay 100 euro. is there anyone knows anything to confirm that money?