iPhone with Stereo Integrated Controller

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by peeaanuut, Jan 10, 2008.

1. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I have a clarion head unit with their iPod controller that I currently use with a 30gb 5g. I recently got an iPhone. I carry both as I use the iPod at work but it seems to be a hastle sometimes. I dont walk around with my iPod with headphones it usually always in a cradle at home, in the car or at work. I am wanting to slim down for most days at work but am wondering about the usage in the car.

When I plug the 5g into the stereo the iPod becomes unusable and it says clarion on it. I than use the stereo for all the controls. Sadly it is an older controller so I have to use 5 specific playlist names to make it work as it treats it like a 6 disc cd changer.

So finally my question is this. Can I plug the iPhone into it and listen through the stereo and STILL be able to answer my calls through bluetooth or will that cause a problem? Also is there any static or interferance that comes across since it will be plugged in? I do not get any now on the radio but it is not plugged into the system.

Thoughts?

2. peeaanuut thread starter macrumors 65816

ok, I answered my own question this morning. I set up the phone with the proper playlists and synced it last night. This morning I plugged it into the controller and was greeted with the airplane mode msg. I said no and was off. It played music flawlessly. I paired my headset for a call and was surprised by something else. The dialing sound played through the speakers and than as the call connected, the music faded out and than paused. I made the call and when I was done the music faded back in and it unpaused. Than I was receiving a call and the music faded out and paused again and I was able to take the call. That was more than I had expected. I am quite surprised. I wonder what would happen if it was on the radio or satellite. Hmmm, more stuff to try.