iPhone with the Kenwood Excelon DNX8120

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndwgolf, May 23, 2008.

1. ndwgolf macrumors regular

Has anyone tried using there iPhone with either the Kenwood Excelon DNX8120 or any other brand bluetooth touch screen in car stereo?

2. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Works perfect with the AVIC-Z2 (Pioneer) and my wife's factory Prius Bluetooth. Never used it as an iPod with after market, but I heard it is limited due to the interference issues. i.e. no video support and no USB support.

3. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

What kind of input are you looking for? Handsfree? Or just a way of listening to music which driving?

It works fine with my Pioneer stereo, both bluetooth handsfree and listening to music. Although I dn't listen to music through bluetooth, but through the propriety cable.

4. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

Play music and have hands free telephone, its working just fine, i just need to mess with the speaker setup

5. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

I have had to switch to my Blackberry for the bluetooth in my car as the iPhone speaker is crap. Ever since I first tryied it with the Kenwood DNX8120 everyone I called said that they could not here what I was saying and thatv I sounded like a robot.
    I have now got 2 x SIM cards with the same number so I just need to remember when I get into the car to switch from the iPhone to the Blackberry and visvera when I get out of the car.
    Has anyone else had simalar problems???

6. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

What would the iPhone speaker have to do with the BlueTooth in your car?

7. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

What I should have said is that the iPhone doent work with the Kenwood Excelon DNX8120 because ?????????????? when i use the Blackberry or a Nokia it works fine, I gusee the iPhone is not compatable??