iPhone with Verizon plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by italeki, Sep 4, 2011.

1. italeki macrumors regular

What would be the average monthly price, 900 minutes, unlimited texting, 2 gb of data, and single plan? I heard that if you add friends into your phone it's free minutes? Will the current plan apply to the iPhone 5 when it comes out? I really appreciate your response. I read different things over the internet. Thanks!

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Why not go to Verizon's site and price it yourself?

3. dingster1 macrumors regular

Well, according to the website, $60 for 900 minutes,+ $30 for 2 gb data plan + $20 for unlimited messaging= $110 + taxes and fees

4. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

OP: Wait until the next gen iPhone comes out then go to T-Mobile and get it. You'll save so much $$$. Verizon is just too expensive. They need a mobile to any mobile plan like AT&T and Sprint.

5. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I am new verizon customer after having AT&T for the last 8yrs.

I thought i saw something for Verizon plans somewhere that there is a 200 minute a month calling plan? Has anyone heard of it or know where to get it?

6. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

So you want someone here to go to the VZW site and price it out for you? Don't be so lazy...

Unless theres big changes over at VZW, prices should be the same til the iPhone 5 comes out.

7. italeki thread starter macrumors regular

Verizon Plan on iPhone 4

I think $110 monthly plus fees and taxes is way too expensive. I was thinking of getting the iPhone 5 with Verizon. I am currently using a iPhone 4 unlocked and paying only $60 a months unlimited, but it's not 3g, only Edge and I cannot receive text photos, and the customer service is atrocious. The company's name is Simple Mobile. So you think they'll be a promotional plan for 2 yr contract with Verizon once the iPhone 5 comes out that will be much cheaper than $110 plus fees and taxes? Thanks!

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

The cost to use an iPhone will always be high. There's millions of people willing to pay, so there's no reason for mainstream carriers to offer deals. It's just how it is.

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

Well I paid the same when I had an Android and a BlackBerry... same amount of minutes, same texting plan, same data plan ($30 - I have unlimited). So in terms of iPhone being always expensive, not really. Yes, owning a smartphone will def. be more expensive than a dumb phone and frankly speaking, not half the people who use it need it since all they do is text and calls.. some of them don't even know what an app store is, forget mobile email.

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

As someone else said, the price for an iPhone contract will always be high. Not to mention you're going with Verizon, which is the most expensive carrier. Maybe you just need a iPod Touch.