Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
my friend is not "supposed" to have a camera phone as he works at GM but he just brings it anyways and no one has said anything as he doesnt walk around saying man i have a camera phone in my pocket, although im assuming your security is a bit more tight

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
I would buy an iPhone if I could get it without a camera. I can not have a camera on my phone due work restrictions :( So for now I will keep my blackberry 7130. :( :(

Do you work at a Refinery of Chem plant, Who do you work for. I work for All Tech, in Louisiana at a refinery.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
I think it would be in apple's best interest to offer a non camera iphone...because there are so many different reasons someone might not be able to have a camera phone at work. Several major printers have extreme lockdown at their facilities because they are printing sensitive sale pricing material.

There are plenty of companies aside from sensitive military ops that would need to have phones sans camera.

:D

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
Try to play it off like it's an iPod Touch. Or get a case that will cover up that camera.
You failed to read the previous posts?
These security guys are NOT your local retired octogenarians...
No recording/Camera equipment means just that, they will make you take the phone out of the case and verify that there is no camera.
THe best bet is;
1. Get a back cover that covers the camera and HOPE they allow this. The ability is there and what is to say you wont slip the case off?
2. Carry around a throw away PAYG phone with no camera and just swap sims. I've had to do this for 7 years no issues. Some sites have a 'Secure storage' area where people can put their phones/pocket knives/usb devices while on site so leaving it in the car isn't an issue some times.
3. Pay to have the camera removed? I can see a market for camera upgrades via this route too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.