iPhone without the phone...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geobrian, Jun 10, 2007.

1. geobrian macrumors member

#1 Do you think that apple will soon release a widescreen iPod with all the features of the iPhone except the phone... i.e. wi-fi capabilities. I would buy such a device they day it was released.

#2 Do you think that all the featured of the iPhone (except the phone part) would work if you brought it to canada. Wi-fi internet browsing, etc?

2. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

1) yes...it has been discussed many times...there are many theories, but i reckon the iPhone will replace the 30Gb/80Gb iPod and the nano will take over

2) wi-fi will work fine:p ...it's edge u have to worry about

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

1- I think a wide-screen iPod could be on it's way, so you have a slightly bigger movie screen with increased storage space. But I doubt it'd have wi-fi too, it'd just be a wide-screen iPod.

2- Everything should work fine if the back-end of the system is running fine (eg. the voicemail).

4. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

I for one would love to have the internet in my pocket even if it only worked on wifi. I already have a phone contract with Cingular and it won't be up for awhile. :)

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

1) It would be interesting, but without the Wi-Fi part, because that is why Apple makes the MacBook.

2) Everything the iPhone has will work anywhere that has GSM, except for Japan since they use a different frequency aside from the 4 that are part of GSM. The Voicemail system will not work outside of the US and Canada until after those countries phone systems upgrade, and at&t has a roaming contract with them.

TEG

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Bahahah old thread but yes! it is called an iPod touch..Sorry had to do this :)

7. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

8. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I know but I find it humerous looking at old threads and looking at seeing speculation AFTER the product has been released.