iPhone wont activate

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Trozi, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Trozi macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 from the Verizon network which i brought from a guy on Craigslist. I have restored the phone to 5.1.1 firmware and was doing the activation screen but i keep getting this error once the iPhone is saying "activating, this process may take 2-3 minutes" but after it says that it says "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation servers is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes."

I did connect to iTunes to try and activate it but all it does is give me this message "Were sorry there was an error processing your request. Please try again later."

Thank you for your help.

2. rogerbarrett macrumors regular

i think you need to reset you phone completely. Have you tried this?

3. Trozi thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have and I still have the same problem.

4. GauravBR macrumors newbie

Try to restore your phone in DFU mode and then connect your iPhone through wifi for activation process and it should be done. Post your reply

5. infinity12402 macrumors member

you might want to call verizon and make sure the esn number is good. they may have blacklisted it, if everyone elses suggestions still dont work

6. Ekimalito macrumors newbie

This issue is usually seen in iPhones whose owners requested or paid third party unlock providers to have their iPhones unlocked. It is really a very frustrating situation because your phone was OK and when you restore it to complete the unlock process, it is rendered useless.

My theory about this is that your phone somehow in the unlock process was erased from the list of devices on Apple's servers. Normally when you plug a phone into iTunes Apple's servers receive a request for activaton with the device's ID (IMEI) and the ICCID (SIM Card ID number). Depending on which list your phone's ID is located (either locked or unlocked list) the server sends back an activation token to your phone that allows it to connect to cellular networks.

Seems like due to a glitch on AT&T's unlock system some phones are actually getting erased from the server, and when you plug the phone into iTunes the servers pretty much don't know what answer to give you and thus the message "Your request could not be processed at this time".

Anybody having this issue I can help. I've had about 5 phones fixed so far. Send me an email at dr.igadget@gmail.com and we'll take it from there. I assure you I can fix your problem.