iPhone won't activate

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rellik, Jul 11, 2008.

1. rellik macrumors newbie

Hi All

UK user here trying to activate his (newly delivered) iPhone.

The problem is iTunes is hanging for me. I've plugged the thing in, iTunes recognizes the phone and the status bar across the top reads "Accessing iTunes Store" and that's it. It's been plugged for 10 minutes and still nothing. I've tried it with other machines but it's the same story. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Cheers

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat with my 2G iPhone attempting to upgrade to FW 2.0.

3. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Same here I'm in the U.S. I thought they were going to activate in store. It seems like iTunes activation process is overwhelmed.

4. snapper07 macrumors 6502

same here can get onto itunes store normally but when iphone trys to get on just stalls must be cos servers busy? i hope....

5. thbuckland macrumors newbie

6. JTrain23 macrumors member

JTrain23

Same thing here..... trying to upgrade to 2.0 ...... iTunes is lagged out....

7. mikahopity macrumors member

mine did that in-store as they were trying to activate it. Same thing here at home.

I can make/receive calls with my old number, so it's "activated" but I can't sync with my old backup :eek::mad::eek::mad:

8. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

my old iPhone is still working,luckily for now. still suck at "accessing itunes store". But I can actually go the iTune store through the "iTunes Store" link with no problems

9. snapper07 macrumors 6502

dam didn't get it connected quick enough now the us has woken up will be slow for a while now!