iPhone wont appear in iTunes via wireless

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yawa, Nov 12, 2009.

1. yawa macrumors member

I am trying to connect to itunes wirelessly using my iphone so that i can use it to control itunes.

The phone connects ok via usb...but wont appear in itunes if i connect it to the wireless network in the house.

It is connecting to wireless as i am able to use the iphone skype app with no problems which doesnt work on 3g.

I was under the impression that it should appear in itunes under devices and ask for me to enter a 4 digit code.

Any ideas?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Doesn't work like that. It'll only appear in iTunes if it's directly connected via USB to your computer that has iTunes on it.

3. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

Do you have the "Remote" App by Apple installed?

4. yawa thread starter macrumors member

Yeah its installed. I have the app loaded with the 4 digit pin on the screen. I was under the impression it should then pop up in itunes.

5. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

Is Itunes on the same wifi network as the phone? If this is troublesome you may need to set up an Ad Hoc network one time to get the phone paired and after that it should work as long as they're on the same network.

6. yawa thread starter macrumors member

Yeah both on the same network. As i only have one setup.

ill try adding a second network on my router and see what happens.