Iphone won't boot up. Help please!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Spade5, May 7, 2010.

1. Spade5 macrumors newbie

Okay, so I turned my phone off earlier today and when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't boot up. The apple logo would appear and then it would go back to a black screen.

I have a 3gs on 3.1.2.
    I jailbroke it for the first time about a month ago using reds0w.
    When I first opened cydia I selected the "make my life easier" option.

I can put my phone into recovery mode, but it won't let me go into DFU. After 8 seconds of holding the sleep and home button the screen flashes white and then turns off... but if i let go of the sleep button before it flashes it goes into recovery.

I tried to restore to 3.1.2 using redsn0w. I went through the installation process, but when it was finished it still wouldn't boot.

Then I tried to do a custom restore to 3.1.2 with itunes, but it told me that my phone isn't eligble...

Then I tried to use umbrella to save my shsh, but it says that it can't.
    I changed the host files and used my phone's ECID.

Is there anyway I can restore without upgrading to 3.1.3?

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Best bet is 3.1.3 if not sounds like a hardware issue that Applecare can cover.R u awake?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If you chose "make my life easier" what are you worried about?

4. Spade5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Updating to 3.1.3... *sigh* please hold.

So is there anyway to re-jailbreak once I'm done updating?

5. Spade5 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I finally got my phone to restore. I had to change the host files back because I kept getting an error message saying that I couldn't connect to apple's update server.

Then after a long battle with my computer restored from my backup....that was made in Dec.... So I lost about 4 months worth of data. Awesome.

Also for some reason I've lost ever app that I've downloaded, except 2 that I deleted off my phone back way when... Is there anyway to get my paid apps back without paying for them again? If not that just sucks.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just redownload the apps. You won't be charged again.