iPhone won't boot up?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fireshot91, Sep 21, 2008.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I jailbroke my iPhone last night. I did NOT sync it with iTunes again after that point(I know, I should have backed it up) but now I was doing something in Cydia, and the little "connecting" circle ring thing showed up. and then it wouldn't go away. so I tried to reset the phone(held home+Power until it booted up again), then it was just stuck at the Apple logo screen. No, there is not a circle on the bottom of the Apple logo. it is just the Apple logo. nothing more nothing less. It's been this way for about 15 minutes now.. anybody kn....wtf. it just flashed white, displayed the "slide to unlock" screen *note this is all in less than .5 of a second* and then went to the Apple logo again.. well, to continue my sentence...Anybody know why/how this is happening?

2. The General macrumors 601

Apple Logo Of Death. Unplug your phone, hold the home button and plug it in, keeping the home button held. Your phone will enter recovery mode. Restore it.

3. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

well without entering the 'recovery' mode that you stated. iTunes does recognize the iPhone. Can I just restore it?...this mean's I'd have to jailbreak again? :mad:

4. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

No, that doesn't work as to answer my own question. but, how do I know it's in recovery mode? that method you said doesn't do anything. Can I use DFU mode?

5. The General macrumors 601

Turn it off. Hold home and hold until it turns off. Then hold home and plug the phone into your computer. Keep holding home. It will show the USB plug with the iTunes logo, or if you have the pineapple logo it will show steve jobs.

At that point iTunes will see your iPhone in recovery mode and ask you to restore.

That is the only way to fix it other than DFU mode which is more complicated that this. Or apparently OpenSSH works for like 2 minutes at some point. I dunno how to do that, sounds horrible.

6. Wilburshere macrumors newbie

hi everyone all the guides on the net and here have not done any good in my case

the apple logo just comes up its like its just hanging

ok tried the dfu no luck i think its because we have 10.5.6 on all our macs now

i can copy stuff of the phone via phone view but it just wont restore

in itunes reconises when i even try to do a factory restore get a error saying it cant complete restore

i was trying to install CRACKULOUS v.9

any ideas

7. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Shame. We can't help you now.

8. spritecp macrumors newbie

Sorry, your only option is the dreadful restore. Plug the iPhone into your computer and put it into Recovery Mode. Then Force Restore it. If it gives you an error, your only bet is to play around with the HOSTS file located in /private/etc. Google it for further assistance. Good Luck!! ~SpriteCP