iPhone won't charge or connect to Mac! Oh no!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Voraka, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Voraka macrumors newbie

Hey random peoples whom I know not! I bought myself an iPhone 3Gs for Chanuka and I was a very happy person. Well, I got home and tried to charge it and, oh my, it wouldn't charge. I rushed about my house like a crazy person jabbing my charger at outlets. About 1/8th of the time it would charge. I then plugged it into my Mac and, oh my, nothing happened. I had an iPod charger, so I tried it with my iPhone and it didn't help. So, I went to the Apple store. The Apple store gave me a new iPhone and I went home a happy person. Well, I got home and I tried to charge it and, oh my, I seem to be repeating myself, anyways, same thing happened. I bought a new charger (so now I have 2 iPhone chargers and one iPod charger which I thought were exactly the same, though some say otherwise)

My iPhone is up to date and brand new, I have an iMac with Mac OSX 4.11, I have iTunes 9.0.2, and I have a house with, um, outlets.

Anyway, accept my quest, brave knight, and you will be rewarded with 3 gold coins and my eternal gratitude.

Of course, the gold coins are imaginary and I'm a 17 year old boy. But, hey, if my girlfriend doesn't object, I'd be happy to wear a dress for you.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might have something to do with the charging wire you're using.
    Try to jiggle it to see if it catches and starts charging. Also try different USB cables and plugs.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Go back to the store and don't leave until they show it charges with your charger. Then report back if it doesn't work at home.

4. Voraka thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I have 3 cables at the moment and they all give me the same result. I have tried 2 iPhones (The old one and the replacement) and at the Apple store everything worked, my charger in outlets and computers. I've used all my chargers in multiple outlets and multiple USB plugs. I also have a car charger and it works fine with it in a car.

Funny thing is, today I plugged it into my Mac and nothing happened, but right before I was about to take it out my girlfriend texted me and instantly it synced with my iMac.

Since it works with the car charger perfectly, I'm hoping that the USB chargers just have some weird crazy problem where they don't work with anything within my house. Yeah, I know its extremely stupid to hope that, but I want to replace something and I'd rather buy a better quality charger than a new computer and a new house. If I continue to have problems I will contact Apple again, but I decided to ask online first. Well, any thoughts?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced