iphone won't charge or sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcella, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mcella macrumors newbie

Ok so a friend gave me his iphone 3g because he got tired of messing with it.

First problem is it wont pick up service of wifi "unless" your near a VERY strong service sig or wifi sig.

Second problem it is now failing to charge or be recognized by my computer.

I have been told that the Antenna, and charging port are all one piece so I ordered a new one off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/iPhone-3G-Micro...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4a9e87e8a8

but what I want to know is what you guys think. Could it be that the "part" has failed. Or is it a bug in the OS.

Before the problem with syncing started I have tired to restore it many times and still have the same problem.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

As you have tried restoring in the past then I would say it is probably a hardware fault. iFixit post guides on the replacement process if you need some advice.

3. mcella thread starter macrumors newbie

thats what im thinking the part only cost around $15. And a link for the guide would be nice :)

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

There should be something here if you look deeper enough.

5. mcella thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you I found what i needed. Now I just have to wait for the part to get here. Ordered it last night so it si going to be 3-6 days