Iphone wont charge or turn on!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stressediphoner, May 5, 2010.

1. stressediphoner macrumors newbie

Please help me! I have an iphone 3GS and I am dying here! The battery on my phone has been pretty shaky from the beginning, but I never went in and checked it out. 2 days ago while it was charging in my car I was on a call and it beeped like it was just being plugged in. Then it did it again. After I got off the call I looked at it and it said it was charging. When I looked at it again 5 minutes later it said it was still charging, but it actually lost power. This went on for the next 20 minutes. It was charging on the car charger and I tried my Morphie Juice Pack. It kept losing power while it said it was charging. I cycled it off and on again and the problem went away.

Yesterday the power was just draining quickly for no apparent reason. Then in the afternoon it lost about 30% in 20 minutes while it was in my pocket. It got down to 4% so I shut it down thinking that it would be better to save that 4% until I got the apple store. When I got in my car at the end of the day it was DEAD! Now it wont charge or turn on and all I get is a blank screen. I have tried the 2 buttons at once and I have tried plugging it into my computer and everything else that I have seen posted.

I made it to the apple store last night and they couldnt see me at the genius bar. BTW dont believe AT&T when they tell you that the AppleCare will put you at the front of the line at the genius bar! All they told me was it sounds like a "hardwire" issue, which makes no sense to me at all. This phone is my life and I have not sync'd it in a long time. Can anyone help me???

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Plug the phone into a wall charger and let it sit for hours.

3. stressediphoner thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgot to add this...

I had it on the charger all night last night and still nothing this morning.

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Make an appointment at the Apple store. I don't get why people just show up and wait in the long line to get help when you can easily book an appointment online? I don't think there's any way your getting your information off that phone though. If there is no water damage or any other damage done by you and its still under warranty then they will replace it for you. If there is damage or its out of warranty, you will pay $199 and they will replace it for you. I make sure I backup my phone at least once a week to prevent issues like this.

5. stressediphoner thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Made an appointment online and it is super easy! I was just hoping someone had some magical thing that I could do! I got an ibook a few years ago and the hard drive crashed after 14 months. I had a sour taste in my mouth about apple ever since. I got the iphone because I was sure something like this wouldnt happen to me again...so sad!