iphone won't conect to wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fast01gt, Aug 12, 2008.

1. fast01gt macrumors newbie

For the last two days I have been having problems with my v1. iphone connecting to wifi. At home I would always have full signal for wifi. Now it will show up every now and then but as soon as I try to use safari or something that uses data it switches back to edge. Tried doing a restore last night but it still doesn't work. Also doesn't work while I am at work and it did before so I know its not my router. Any suggestions?? I am about two weeks outside of my 1 year warranty.

2. Ferret macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3G stopped recognizing wifi a couple of weeks ago and I had to restore it. At least that worked. You might give it a try.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

4. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

When you restored did you use one of your backups?
    Whatever the problem is might actually have been put back on the phone when you used the backup.

5. fast01gt thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I restored it from the old back-up. How would you go about doing it if you resote it as a new phone.

6. Ferret macrumors newbie

The first thing I did was to call the iPhone tech support. We reset my network settings, but that didn't work, so I made an appointment with a genius and he restored my phone at the store. Then I came home to restore my backup. That didn't work because my backup was "corrupted." So I restored as a new phone. It took a few hours, but so far, so good.