iphone won't connect to internet

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by th3nd, Dec 17, 2009.

1. th3nd macrumors newbie

ok im new. so wassup

i just got a iphone from my friend. He had it jailbroken and unlocked with a t-mobile sim card. I used to have a vu for at&t but i took the simcard out and slid it into the iphone and it worked. the internet and everything .

Now since i updated and restored the iphone it says

"Could not activate cellular data network" You are not subcribed to a cellular data service

i can still send pics. n get txt

but i don't know what went wrong

help?

i have firmware 3.1.2.

2. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

I'm thinking you may need a new SIM card. Take it to an at&t store and have them try a new one. Sounds weird that it worked when the phone was unlocked, maybe that allowed for a wider range of SIM card models?

My iPhone couldn't access the cellular network with a "pay as you go" phone SIM. I took it down to an at&t store and swapped it out, that did the trick.

3. th3nd thread starter macrumors newbie

yea it worked for a good week. i even threw other peoples sim card in it and it worked. The whole restoring process was crazy

i don't know if it can hack it properly since i updated it or if their is sum sofware out there