iPhone wont connect to MBP??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamin00, Dec 2, 2015.

1. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

I have a mid 2015 MBP retina but lately when I connect the iPhone 6 Plus on the latest firmware it wont connect or rather it does but then disconnects and repeats this action very fast for as long as I leave it plugged in. What the heck is up with it lol?

2. 3568358 macrumors 6502

It seems to me that your iPhone Lightning Cable is broken. Does your phone charge / uncharge (connect - charge and then disconnect and stop charging)?? Give it a try. If not, it may be the USB port. Try the there port. Tell me how that goes :)

3. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Have you restarted your computer? Stupid question but mine wasn't connecting and restarting it fixed the problem. Could be your cable though.

4. jamin00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamin00

Hi guys. I have tried a few different cables. Borrowed some form colleagues at work too. Other devices connect to the USB ports on the laptop. I have tried everything that I can think off lol.

Its very random, 1 time it will be rapid connect/charge/disconnect/stop charging and beeping all the time, you know that ding it makes when it connects. Then rarely it will connect for a minute or so then do it every minute or so.

It is very bizarre.

Edit* its just connected for about a minute but has now disconnected and not reconnected.