iPhone won't connect to my PC or Mac by USB any more

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by esoter1c, Sep 25, 2012.

1. esoter1c macrumors newbie

Little bit of info about my phone
    -iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, not Jailbroken.

Has been working perfectly ever since i've gotten it (2 years ago) and all of a sudden the other day whenever I connect it to a PC or Mac via USB, nothing happens.
    It still charges (extremely slowly) but I don't get the green battery indicator or the battery in the top right doesn't show itself as being charged. My iPhone doesn't show up in iTunes or anywhere else as being connect.

When I connect my iPhone to a wall plug via USB, i'll get the green charging battery if I push up on the 30 pin connector when i'm putting it into my iPhone and it charges normally.

The phone still works great otherwise.
    But the problem is I now can't backup, sync, or copy any new stuff to my iPhone (music,pics,ringtones, etc..).

If I can no longer sync with my PC that would be unfortunate but not the end of the world. However I would really still like to put new music on my iPhone. Any alternatives to putting music on my device without synching or connecting to my PC/Mac?

Thanks

2. esoter1c thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought about doing Wi-Fi sync but i've never set up my iPhone to do that and since I can't connect it to my computer now that options isn't available.

Still have no idea what do before going to the Apple store :/