iPhone won't go silent!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by semperfimarine2, Oct 1, 2007.

1. semperfimarine2 macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

My iPhone does not go silent anymore since update 1.1.1. Why is that? I keep pushing down on the volume button and it stays at one white dot. Anyone know why?

Am I the only one this is happening to?

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

my volume indicator shows that the volume will go all the way down (with no white dots showing) and i updated to 1.1.1. not sure why it's happening for you. have you tried rebooting? if that doesn't work, maybe a restore? then, probably a trip to an apple store is in order...

out of curiosity, why don't you just use the silent toggle switch on the side to accomplish the same thing without needing to look at the screen?

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

my ringer volume bottoms out at 1 white square or dot.

Speaker volume goes down completely with no white dots showing.

4. tsvb macrumors 6502

If you want the phone to be silent why not use the switch?

5. semperfimarine2 thread starter macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

I do use the switch, but sometimes I forget to turn off an alarm and it goes off. Thats when the switch is on silent but the volume isn't all the way down because it stays at one dot.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

My volume too...that doesnt make me comfortable, i forget about alarms all the time too, and i cant have them going off...

7. bigrussian macrumors newbie

My phone does this too. If you go to settings, then sounds, move the volume slider and then hit the home key, you can volume down to zero. (most of the time) If you volume up after that however, you must repeat the process. I find 1.1.1 to be buggy. Maybe it's just my phone though.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

i agree...i think there will be a new update pretty soon just to work out the bugs.

9. jukie macrumors newbie

Volume toggle won't go to silent

I'm having the same problem. I can't go below the one dot on the volume slider. Is there a solution? I have an iphone 3Gs