Iphone Wont Power On, 2 phones!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lexani18zz, May 6, 2010.

1. Lexani18zz macrumors newbie

Hey Guys, I really need some help!

Iphone #1
    I was using this iphone last week during a phone call when the battery died, which I then let it charge. After 30-40 mins i tried to power it on, but no luck, so i tried a hard boot (power+home) nothing. I figured okay let me see if my itunes can read it in DFU mode. Nope dead. So i figured maybe the battrey just took a crap since this is a 2g iphone.

Iphone #2 Cracked screen
    I took the "guts" (motherboard+Battery) from this phone, and put it on Iphone #1, which turned on immediately. This morning, i was making a call and the screen went "white" and turned off, battery was charged. I followed all the steps for hardboot/DFU etc. Nothing?

Anybody know what's going on? Can the touchscreen or any part of the touch panel be causing this issue? Maybe something is frying the motherboard or another dead battery, but its odd two batteries die in a week! I do have an EBAY charger, if that means anything maybe its frying the internals?

Is there a way to find out if its the battery or mother board on these two iphones?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Two words that could be your problem: eBay charger. I would put the probability of that being the problem at 99%, especially since you now have two battery problems (unless you don't know what you're doing, which I don't think since you did have it working for a short while). You usually get what you paid for.

3. Lexani18zz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I think that might be the suspect. Luckily I learned of these old iphones, and wont make the mistake of buying them in the future. Guess time to buy 2 batteries & have a back up phone.

4. Lexani18zz thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE*

Got my new 3G battery, and replaced the battery with ease. But my iphone still wont power on? any clues? Anyway to test the battery? or could my charger have messed up the logic board?

5. romeo22 macrumors member

Hi there, ive not seen a iphone battery but you must have a + & - so if you do get a voltmeter and see if you get a reading from the battery to make sure its ok, find out what voltage the iphone battery is then see what reading you get of the voltmeter, if the battery is good then something else is causing the problem.