Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QMdude

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Just got an iPhone 2G. Updated to 3.1.2 via iTunes. Rebooted, and it only allowed emergency calls. I downloaded blackra1n and ran it, and it said "your device is ready once it reboots", but the screen goes black (not off, on but black) and just stays there for a while. If I reset it myself, it brings up the usual emergency screen again. Any advice?

DJBBOX

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2011
Miami, FL
use a custom ipsw instead. that way once you restore to it, it will be hacktivated and ready to go. use pwnagetool 3.1.4

QMdude

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
where does one download pwnage tool for 2g?

are there any ways to do it without a custom file?

QMdude

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
error 1600 when trying to restore firmware again to a diff version....great

and i tried to google it, pwnage tool links are not easy to follow

QMdude

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Restore it to official 3.1.3 using itunes.
Then use redsnow to JB and unlock.

Thanks. I downloaded redsn0w 0.8 but it says it cannot recognize the specified ipsw (from the itunes folder). is this the correct redsn0w version? some other article mentioned redsn0w 0.9.3, but I can't seem to find a download mirror that is trustworthy..

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Thanks. I downloaded redsn0w 0.8 but it says it cannot recognize the specified ipsw (from the itunes folder). is this the correct redsn0w version? some other article mentioned redsn0w 0.9.3, but I can't seem to find a download mirror that is trustworthy..

You will have to point redsnow to the official 3.1.2 ipsw instead.
Even though u got 3.1.3, it will work.

QMdude

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I downloaded 3.1.2 from the iclarified website, but it didn't work when I pointed redsn0w to it =/

QMdude

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I did the same process on another phone and it worked. How do I check if my antenna is properly connected?

DJBBOX

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2011
Miami, FL
reboot with the SIM out. reset network settings, then once you're on the springboard, open cydia and reinstall bootneuter. insert the SIM and try it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.