iPhone won't receive calls, most of the time.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CoreyHM1, Nov 18, 2008.

1. CoreyHM1 macrumors member

Yesterday, my iphone just stopped receiving calls. Everything else works fine (making calls, sms, email..ect.).

The only way i found out were people telling me that they were trying to call me all day. So i called my iphone, it rings and rings then goes to voice mail. The phone does not show missed call or anything, though if i turn the screen on it will act like i just started getting a call (but not all the time). Or, when it does ring, i might ring once on my end. It is jailbroken, its been like that for two months, the only thing I've done recently was put a movie on it.

Should i restore my phone, has anyone else had this problem?

2. CoreyHM1 thread starter macrumors member

I've restored, reset, re seat sim card. Still same issue, i doubt its the sim card because everything else works?

I'm trying to figure out if i should take my perfect iphone back to the apple store. This is my third (had it for about two months), and it actually has zero defects.

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

At the very least, I would call Apple and see what they say.

4. CoreyHM1 thread starter macrumors member

I did, they told me to do the same thing I've already tried (reset, restore ect..)

I found out today, it doesn't do it on Edge, only when 3G is turned on. :(

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Call them back. Tell them what you did and don't take no for an answer.

6. hdepicc macrumors newbie

hey CoreyHM1,

could you find a solution for the trouble you are getting ???

I´m having the same problem, no ringing whatsoever... and when I turn on the display, it shows the missed calls.

let me know if you solved it

thanks !!

7. CoreyHM1 thread starter macrumors member

nope still no solution. Though when mine doesn't ring, i get no notification. only if they leave a voice mail.

i didn't know its been this long since i posted the thread, i suppose ill be making another trip to the apple store. My case is starting to crack around the ringer switch anyway. :rolleyes:

8. osmarse macrumors newbie

Same problem here.

Hello from Chile.
    I think, the problem is generated by some app. When that app, connects via EDGE again and again (in background), it turns off the phone signal. That's why people calling my phone get "offline or out of area message".
    When i change edge settings, or erase them... the problem dissapears.
    But, what i'd like to do better, is to know or discover the app that makes a regular connection via EDGE, leaving me without Tone.
    Atte,
    Osmarse.