iPhone won't receive calls or SMS. Help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Martin C, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

I have had my iPhone for a couple of days, but I didn't activate it until last night. I haven't been able to receive calls or SMS. I can make outgoing calls and SMS, but when someone else tries to call my iPhone they go straight to voicemail or I never receive the SMS.

I have been using Wi-Fi so that doesn't block signals like EDGE does, correct?

Any suggestions as to why I am not getting calls, voicemail, or SMS while I can make outgoing calls and SMS perfectly fine?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

3. Martin C thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martin C

No, not yet. Is it because I ported my number over from T-Mobile and it takes a certain amount of time to fully complete?

4. Martin C thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martin C

5. unity macrumors 6502a

Just keep waiting, T-Mobile has to release the number. Once released it will work. If you think its taking too long, then call ATT and have them re-request the number transfer.

6. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I know when I ported my number over from Verizon, I could send textx, but couldnt get responses from other carriers. Phone calls worked fine both ways. Try texting an AT&T phone and see what happens.

If not, call 611 and open a claim to get it fixed.