iphone won't restart!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by frisbierecords, Nov 8, 2010.

1. frisbierecords, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010

frisbierecords macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have an iPhone 3G, unlocked with pwnage tool. I unlocked it last September, and I haven't had any issues until now.

I recently updated my facebook app, and after working fine, the app kept crashing. Today, I deleted the app to try and re-install and see if that would help. I shut down my phone, and after trying to reboot several times, I noticed it wasn't loading.

The pineapple shows up for about 5-10 seconds, then the phone shuts off. I looked at a forum about putting the phone into DFU mode, but I can't even get that. I turn it on, the pineapple shows, then turns off. My computer isn't even recognizing it being plugged in.

Any thoughts would be MUCH appreciated!!!

UPDATE: I just held the home button while it's plugged in, and now I have an image of Steve Jobs with some..er..cyrillic? What does this mean?

2. frisbierecords thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I'm replying to my own (and maybe I should be editing it instead), but if anyone can help, I'd still appreciate it.

After surfing for answers a little more, I finally figured out how to get to the restore option in iTunes. However, it cannot restore the custom ispw I made when I first unlocked my phone. It gave me Error 1600 instead.

With an iPhone 3G, am I able to download the latest pwnage tool, create a new ipsw, and restore my iphone to that custom ispw?

I am worried about preventing my iPhone from being unlocked, as I'm currently in Europe for the next 9 months.

I don't remember what I did, but I think I made a copy of the restore file along with the custom restore. If I were to restore to that original file, would that automatically upgrade the baseband and block any chance of unlocking?

I hope this makes sense, and I'm phrasing all of this correctly. If anyone has any ideas, I appreciate the help. If not, well thank you for at least reading this!

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You need to post details of your iOS. Thankfully, you at least posted you have a 3G.
    Also, make sure the physical phone is working. If your power button or home button isn't working or only works in an intermittent fashion, we won't be able to help you. You need to be able to enter DFU mode.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you are trying to restore to firmware 4.x.x you will need hashes saved.
    If it's 3.x.x you can restore without hashes.

5. frisbierecords thread starter macrumors newbie

So, with my phone not turning on, where do I find the iOS information and the firmware? I'm pretty sure I'm running some form of 3.x.x because I never installed any software upgrades from that point on (I was too afraid to lose the unlock, plus I can't multitask on the 3G anyway).

My buttons seem to be working. Last night I was able to get into DFU mode (I think) since iTunes opened the page to restore. NONE of my iPhone information was coming up there. I just couldn't get it to restore to the ipsw I had created last September (error 1600 came up).

Also, so the Russian-speaking Steve Jobs doesn't mean I've lost my phone forever?

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You don't have your iOS info written down? I'm not asking you to have this memorized, but you should know the basics--especially if you jb.
    Assuming you're on 3.x.x, go to iclarified and get jb instructions for 3.1.3 on 3G. If you're on 4.x.x, you might need blobs to get back to your iOS. However, don't quote me on that.