iPhone wont restore after update.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SeanTT, Sep 17, 2009.

1. SeanTT macrumors newbie

Hi this is my first post so hello all!

Just a quick question

Im from the UK

i had 3.01 software on my phone then i tried to update to 3.1 on Monday while it was updating it came up saying error 1604, 1611 bascially ive tried EVERYTHING new even tried restoring on both mac and PC but kept getting errors. i now know that it is the phones software that has been corrupted. i rang 02 they told me to take it into a store and as it is still under warrenty they will try and fix it and if they cant give me a replacement. I have a white 3G 16GB which they no longer sell since the 3GS.

Does anybody know what they will give me if they have any old stock white 16GB 3G?

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

They WILL have your phone in stock albeit a refurbished one

3. sunny1985 macrumors member

do this step by step.

I believe your using a PC as i've only seen this error on it.

1. Start the sync any means necessary.

2. When the screen goes blank and doesn't seem its doing anything else Do the following
    Ctrl + Alt + Del

Kill itunes.

3. open up itunes and it will sync and pick up where it left off.

Bob your uncle its sorted.

4. SeanTT thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for that if i do not get a replacement tonight i will try that when i get home...i was hoping they would give me a brand new 3GS :(

5. F1rE macrumors newbie

I tryed for ONE MONTH to restore it i got the same error 1611...tryed to restore it on diferent computer ,mac ,DFU mode ,recovery mode,hard reset,all versions of iTunes ,all usb ports ,other data cable , did someone had this error and fixed it ???? pls i`ll apreciate it so much !