iphone won't restore error 23, emergency screen....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SeventhNexus, May 26, 2010.

1. SeventhNexus macrumors newbie

Jailbroken 3.1.2 iphone 3gs with rock.....from the blackr1n hack....

This weekend turned on the phone and it is in emergency mode, also giving a "possible conflict" rock your phone error....

I can't seem to disable extensions, restarting doesn't do anything.... so I connect to Itunes to restore it, however that doesn't work either.

I either get the message from itunes after trying to restore of Error 23, or I get the message from Itunes that my passcode must be put in for Itunes to activate the phone. I know the passcode, however - there is no place to enter it on the phone.

So - I can't restore, can't use the phone, and need help to troubleshoot.

Any ideas?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Error 23 is a radio failure (hardware). There's really nothing you can do.

3. SeventhNexus thread starter macrumors newbie

appreciate help... looked everywhere for solution.

um... so there is nothing I can do at all? How can I get rock/etc off my phone so I can use the warranty? Who cares if the radio doesn't work - I should still be able to reinstall / restart back to factory defaults SOMEHOW shouldn't I?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Since you didn't say what kind of restore you did, restore in DFU mode (see my sig). If you still get the error, there's nothing you can do. The iPhone cares, in answer to your question.

5. SeventhNexus thread starter macrumors newbie

I did it in dfu mode... same error 23.

So... how can I erase everything on the phone then... so when I take it back to at&t it doesn't look like Ive jailbroken it...

I saw this post, but I don't seem to be able to follow what he is suggesting:

vhttp://www.iphoneowners.com/troubleshooting-support/2214-need-help-iphone-error-23-a.html

6. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Can you connect to WiFi?

If you can, you can download an app in Cydia called "Categories", which lets you create folders. Then you could move all JB apps into a folder to atleast hide them from visibility.

Apple should replace it without question, as long as they don't find any questionable software on it.