iphone won't restore, no error messages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dave22r, Aug 27, 2011.

1. dave22r macrumors member

bought an iPhone today, plugged it into iTunes and it said the phone was in recovery mode and needed a restore. no problems, I've been there before. pressed restore, it did it's thing, got the phone restarting message... good so far. phone turned on, dinged and iTunes said there is a phone in recovery again like nothing ever happened.

the strange thing is no errors. it did a flawless restoration and didn't tell me anything was wrong. tried 2 different computers 2 different times, same results. haven't tried a custom firmware install yet. might try next.

any ideas?

2. tbozz macrumors newbie

same problem

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? My 2g is doing to same thing. I restored and everything went fine, but now it says to plug it into to itune, did that but get a white screen with itunes on it, but no error code.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Put it into DFU mode, then restore and see what happens.

4. tbozz macrumors newbie

5. tbozz macrumors newbie

fixed

Couldn't fix the phone by normal means, had to Jailbreak it....

6. dalilblaze macrumors member

dalilblaze

Had the same problem but got error 3194 and tried DFU and didnt work. I want to upgrade to IOS 5 but itunes wont restore or backup.:(

7. dalilblaze macrumors member

dalilblaze

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I found the problem it was my host file that was changed because of cydia shsh.