iPhone won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MoodyM, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

My daughter has been using my old iPhone 2G for months, with no issues.

Yesterday she got a new 3G S, so I decided to wipe the 2G, ready for sale/recycle.

I went into "Erase All Content & Settings" and left it. When I checked later, it had ran out of battery. I don't know whether it ran out during the erase or not.

I then tried to restore using iTunes 10.1.1 on my MacBook Pro, but the white progress bar got just past half way on the iPhone and froze for hours. I then tried putting the phone into DFU mode (black screen), again it froze at the same point. I tried Recovery mode (picture of cable on screen), same problem.

I built a custom 3.1.3 using PwnageTool, tried again, from DFU mode. This time the progress bar got to very near the end, then froze again (I left it for hours). I tried from Recovery Mode, same thing.

I then downloaded the official 3.1.2, again it froze just after halfway.

I booted into Windows 7 and tried, this time with iTunes 10.0.1. Using the 3 firmwares mentioned above (official 3.1.3, custom 3.1.3, official 3.1.2), and using both DFU and Recovery mode, iTunes in Windows gives a combination of 1600, 1603 and 1611 errors when I try to restore.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. rpsstore macrumors newbie

hello were you able to fix this problem becuase I am having the exact same issue .