Iphone won't restore...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MsNugget, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MsNugget macrumors newbie

Ok so I have the iPhone 4G, with the latest firmware, and have a windows PC. I tried to jailbreak my iPhone with Limera1n but it got stuck on DFU mode and I unplugged, when I turned it on it told me to plug it into iTunes, which I did. I restored it and right before it finished it was 0.1 away from finishing it said there was an error and it couldn't be restored. What do I do??? :confused:

2. MsNugget thread starter macrumors newbie

Can someone PLEASE answer me??? I really need help...:(

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Put it in DFU mode and restore. Once you are done, don't jailbreak it until you know what you are doing.

4. MsNugget thread starter macrumors newbie

I did put it in DFU mode, it sent me to iTunes, and I did restore and an error pops up and it doesn't finish the restore...

5. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Are you sure its in DFU and not in restore.If theres any image on your screen then its not in DFU.

And stop that jailbreaking isnt rocket science just be more careful and google how to do it next time it happens

6. MsNugget thread starter macrumors newbie

Well when I turn it on and put it on what I think is DFU mode it has the image where it says to connect to iTunes... I don't know if that's DFU mode or not...

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Your phone is in recovery mode and not DFU. Download ireb or resn0w, follow it instruction how to put your phone into DFU mode, then restore it with Itunes.

8. MsNugget thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much!!! I just got Redsn0w and I got what I wanted in the first place, a jailbroken iPhone! Thx soooooo much... :D