iPhone Iphone Won't Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Abdullz, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Abdullz, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

Abdullz macrumors newbie

24 hours ago I noticed my semi-tethered 5.0.1 jailbroken iPhone had no cellphone coverage, so i rebooted it, but it never turned on, like the system gave up or something,when I try turning it on I get the apple logo and then the "plug into iTunes" page, hence it immediately jumps to recovery mode! and to top that off when i remove the cable from the iPhone it just dies, so I thought it was battery issues so i changed it for a whopping 50$ but still it doesn't turn on without the cable and immediately jumps to recovery mode so i tried restoring by doing the following:
    -I press power and hold button for 10 seconds then remove the power button and get into DFU mode(to avoid error 21), after that i click restore on my iTunes and the process starts, weirdly it "verifies with apple" twice and upon the second verification my iPhone somehow reboots or something and looses its DFU mode and BAM back to square one "plug into itunes" and error 21
    I would appreciate the help guys!!
    -I just tried PWNED DFU mode by redsnow and no luck
    -I tried manually forcing it back to DFU mode before the second verification and now i got error 1600
    -I just tried iREB recovery fix to no avail
    -I just tried redsnow recovery fix with no luck (keeps taking me back to recovery mode)
    -I just tried shift+restore and chose the ipsw located in the C:\Users\abdulz\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates and now im stuck on "verifying with apple" for 10 mins ... voila Error 1602
    -I just download this file http://www.4shared.com/file/CEz96j-s/hosts.html which is supposed to renew my host file but still stuck at error 1602
    -I just downloaded Tiny Umbrella and removed the request SHSH from cydia and and still at error 1602

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

A restore to 5.0.1 requires stitching the hash and APTicket to the IPSW, did you do that.

3. Abdullz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply! I'm sort of a noob :p how do i do that ?? thank you for your time !!

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

@thread starter,

Why not just restore to 5.1.1 (current firmware) ?
    Then jailbreak it with Absinthe 2.0.4

No hash or APTicket needed (at least for today and part of tomorrow)

----------

I'm blushing ;)

5. Abdullz, Sep 11, 2012

Abdullz thread starter macrumors newbie

well like i said if i try restoring i get error 1602 :/ right now i just want my phone to operate again in any shape or form :p also im running on windows pc not mac :(

6. Abdullz thread starter macrumors newbie

Untitled1.png
    At the time, the farthest I can get in the restore process is this before getting error 1602

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This forum has a restore sticky at the top.

Also, I recommend iClarifed.com for a tutorial.
    Since your experience is so limited, I would advise restoring to current (5.1.1) firmware.

If you have any special situations, you have not given us any info to go on (you never provided which iDevice you have, nor if unlocking is an issue)

8. Abdullz, Sep 11, 2012

Abdullz thread starter macrumors newbie

your right ... my device is iPhone 4 GSM ... thanks for the tutorial site ... ill get to it and get back! Well now my iPhone is stuck in an apple logo loop without jumping to recovery mode

9. TMac923, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

TMac923 macrumors newbie

EDIT: I have been able to fully restore back to factory 5.1.1, and then update to 6.0 also.

Wow. Never even realized that between changing the host file IP and having run tiny umbrella that I was causing my problem with not being able to restore my jailbroken 5.1.1 iphone 4. So I changed the IP in the host file back to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com and went into Tiny Umbrella and uncheck the box to redirect my host file to Cydia on Exit. Then took my phone out of recovery mode. I am currently restoring my iPhone as we speak.

Thanks for the ideas guys!:D