iPhone won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ellsworth, Sep 23, 2007.

1. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

So here's the deal. My iphone came with the old firmware: 1.0.0. Last night, I installed App Tap Software and got all the goodies I wanted. When I connected my iphone back to itunes to sync more videos and what nots, I got a message saying to upgrade to Firmware 1.0.2. I remember doing this with my first iphone that I had before i took it back and everything worked fine so I went ahead and hit o.k. Half way through the process, I get a error saying that the iphone couldn't be update and also the error I believe was 1011 error. The entire upgrade file is like 90 mbs and I've tried this process 3 times with no luck and the same error. I'm currently downloading the Iphone Restore pack onto my desktop because I'm tired of downloading this 1 hour long file. My iphone currently has a yellow yield sign asking me to connect to itunes. What gives? Any help would be grand. Also, I understand that I can't just download this restore file and double click it... is there a way to have itunes to open it without me having to download it through I tunes?

2. ellsworth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Problem solved.. I downloaded the latest firmware packet, threw it in Iphone Software Update and click on restore in itunes and it was set. This scared the crap out of me... People be careful with upgrading your iphone with all the bells and whistles installed... you might lose everything like me.. I'm glad I didn't put anything that I don't already have backed'up on my iphone. Happy i-surfing