iPhone won't restore!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jb5421, Aug 11, 2010.

1. jb5421 macrumors newbie

So I've been having issues with my phone every since I first jailbroke it the first day. I tried to restore on iTunes, but it wouldn't recognize my phone. So I decided to go in to DFU mode to try to restore it, but at the point it says "preparing to restore" it shows the connect to iTunes screen on my iPhone and iTunes says it cannot restore.

I can't even use my phone now because whenever I try to turn it on it gives me that screen!

Help! I'm desperate here :(

2. jb5421 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can someone at least tell me whether Apple will be able to tell if I jailbroke it if I take it in to the store??

3. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

If they see Cydia, they can tell. Try this: hold down the home button as you plug it into the computer.

4. jb5421 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ugh... I realized it was because I recently downloaded Snow Leopard on my computer and didn't download the "iPhone recognition" update. Before I realized that though I restored my phone on another computer. Now that my computer does recognize the phone though, how do I restore all my backup settings and sync it with mine (instead of the computer I restored it on)?