iPhone won't restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TaterToT, Aug 12, 2010.

1. TaterToT macrumors 6502

So yesterday I was trying to get the neutraface font working by SSHing directly into the phone... apparently I messed something up because the phone stopped working. I tried to restore back to 4.0.1 using TinyUmbrella but the restore would hang up at a little over 50%, I even let it sit for over an hour. I then tried to just update and restore to 4.0.2 just to get my phone working.. and it does the same thing, stalls at a little over 50%. I made a genius bar appointment for today, would that be the best idea? Anyone know why it's doing this? Also, will they be able to tell if I had it jailbroken, I wouldn' think they would as all it shows is the connect to iTunes screen but...
    Thanks for any help.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Just to double check, when you said "restore" did you mean a DFU restore?

make sure you try DFU.

3. claygill macrumors newbie

Do you have your hosts file set to point to Saurik's server? I found this prevented me from doing a restore. either remove his ip addresse or do the restore from another machine.
    At least this is what happened to me.

4. TaterToT thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah that was an issue before, I went in and deleted it so I don't think that's the issue this time

And maturola.. I actually didn't try DFU restore. I'll try that when I get home thanks

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That should solve it for you, there may be some service lingering around stopping you from restoring. DFU wil take care of that.

6. TaterToT thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I tried putting in DFU then restoring and it still got hung up at the same spot.. I guess I'll just take it to the Apple Store

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Do you have WiFI Sync installed ? It will stop restores. If so, delete it.

8. TaterToT thread starter macrumors 6502

The one on my Mac or iPhone? I had WiFi sync installed on my phone before it needed a restore, and now there is really no way to go in and delete it. Or are you saying delete the program on my Mac that works with WiFi sync?