iphone won't ring, but all other sounds work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aferndale, Apr 15, 2008.

1. aferndale macrumors newbie

So As of 2 days ago, my phone stopped ringing. I know about the head phone jack issue, Went down that road once before.

here's what it does.

when a call comes in, I will get a quick flash of the caller. then it will either go to the desktop of the phone if it is unlocked, or the unlock screen if not. the little circular "waiting" wheel will start to spin. It will then go to a screen that says "calling ###-###-####" (This is what ever number is calling me) and then go back to the lock screen that is in fact locked....I cant slide the bar until the call is ended. When the call first comes in, I get a split second vibrate....like it's trying to vibrate but get's cut short. Occasionally, when I have tested it after restarting, The phone will not even register the call coming in and I will immediately go to voice mail. The phone will alert me when the voice mail comes in and all other sounds work: typing clicks, ipod without buds, unlock click.

The ringer silent button is in the right position. I have follwed some of the advice, short of reinstalling the phone (that's next) I've restarted the phone with the buds in, I've restarted the phone in airplane mode. Nothing works I've tested the ringers, and I can select rings and it will sound. I've tested the vibrate and it will vibrate. Everything works as it should except for the ring.

Any ideas?

2. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

have you tried resetting the phone? in settings under general go to reset all settings. i had all the sounds stop working for me and this did the trick. only things you lose are your wifi information and it resets basic things like caps-lock on, and stuff like that.

3. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

And if that doesn't work, I think a restore is in order.

What firmware are you using, and is your iphone jailbroken and/or unlocked ?

4. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I had this problem!

Dont think i did anythink, just came back after a while (3 weeksish),

I get the head phone jack thing all the time... Been using the hands free in the car and then take it out, the phone rings later and pick it up and cant hear anything! very annoying!

Dont have a clue what to suggest other than a restore!

Hope its ok