iPhone Won't Show in iTunes in Public Beta 4

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Anson_431, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Anson_431 macrumors newbie

Tried transferring new songs into my iPhone just now using iTunes, but neither of my iPhone 5s and 7 Plus would show up on iTunes. Swapping cables and USB ports still doesn't work. The cables will deliver power to my phones but iTunes just won't show my device.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

I'm running MacOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 (17A315i) with iTunes 12.6.2.20.

My iPhone 5S is running iOS 10.3.3 and my 7 Plus is running iOS 11 (15A5327g).

2. YoungHov718 macrumors member

--- Post Merged, Aug 6, 2017 ---

I have the same issue and i called apple and they couldnt help. They rep told me to wait untill the next beta update for issue to be corrected.

3. Anson_431 thread starter macrumors newbie

I see, had been wondering if this is an individual issue or not. Thanks.

4. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

same problem here

5. usmc0341 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I reinstalled the beta and it worked again for a day or two. It's back to not seeing any of my iOS devices

6. handsomekilla macrumors newbie

handsomekilla

When researching this problem it seems like in years past the advice was to uninstall iTunes via Terminal commands, then reinstall it. This OS X Daily article details how that's done, but when I tried it myself I couldn't get it to work. It seems like High Sierra makes it more difficult than before to remove iTunes. Does anyone have any idea how this might be done?

7. Anson_431 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not good at terminal commands so can't be much of help to you. But to be honest, Apple is actually restricting and closing up the function of terminal as each of the OSX/MacOS versions were pushed out, making the close system even more restricted in the users' perspective.