iPhone wont show up in iTunes on new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by millertalent, May 1, 2010.

1. millertalent macrumors newbie

can somebody help me out here?

I open itunes and plug in my iphone and it wont recognize it to be connected and wont sync with my itunes library

probably something simple i am doing wrong but i cant figure it out, con somebody please help :)

2. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

I assume you've used the cable and USB port for other things, so you know they are okay? Like: The iPhone shows charging, right? And/or, try one of the other USB ports?

Also, is iTunes current? Just for the heck of it, be sure it's 9.1.1 (not that it should matter for basic iPhone recognition, of course...)

3. blazezaku macrumors newbie

4. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

This is a firmware-level problem. I went the rounds with this with Applecare. The problem exists to a greater extent if you are using third-party cables. After reinstalling iTunes and switching to an official Apple cable, I have reached a workable solution. This issue can extend to other USB devices too, I am told, such as certain digital cameras under Apple's photo apps.

I am assured that there is an update in the works to fix this issue.

5. quackquack macrumors member

I had this same problem after one of the updates - restarting my computer and iphone fixed it.