Iphone won't start after i erase everything

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ec1c173, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ec1c173 macrumors newbie

i am selling my 2g iphone version 2.1 , the buyer is picking it up tomorrow, so i thought i should delete everything from the iphone, so after searching around, i went to Settings->General->Reset->Erase All Content and Settings. It's took a while, after it finished, the iphone restarted itself, and i got stuck at the pineapple logo after, and it just keep on restarting the phone itself, anyone tell me what can i do now??

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

The same happened to me, you have to restore and rejailbreak/unlock then it will be good as new, just make sure you dont sync your phone with the computer or you will have to repeat the process all over again

3. ec1c173 thread starter macrumors newbie

i mean i can't even start my phone , how can i restore it?

4. surfm macrumors newbie

exactly the same thing happened to me. erased everything and now only the pineapple is showing. not recognized by itunes, and when I reset it (home and power button), the pineapple comes back again.

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

5. surfm macrumors newbie

ok, got it! putting it into DFU works and from there on, restoring is no issue.