iPhone won't sync address book/email/safari

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spongeweed, Jun 29, 2007.

1. spongeweed macrumors newbie

Everything else syncs fine, itunes music, movies, etc. any ideas?

2. bluecluee macrumors member

I'm getting the same exact thing... Why? Am I missing something?

3. krissenbee macrumors member

mine did the same thing. I added a group in my address book and had it sync that group only... After that it synced all of my email and stuff too. You should try it.

4. bluecluee macrumors member

Do your checked boxes become unchecked when you hit apply? Anyone else have this problem?

5. supersize macrumors member

I am getting the same issues, it also takes forever to sync then it doesn't actually sync the calendars, Email, or bookmarks. It did sync the contacts though. I've tried creating new calendars with no success.

6. bluecluee macrumors member

7. spongeweed thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried a reset, still no luck here. No way to create an extra group, as that is greyed out.. :(

8. bluecluee macrumors member

Same thing :-( Is apple support around this time of day?

9. pr5owner macrumors 65816

question, if you people use outlook ( i know all of you are mac guys but those with a PC) if you have contacts with photos attached IE see below will the photo's sync up as well, do they display when the contact calls your phone?

[​IMG]

10. PhatBoyG macrumors regular

PhatBoyG

Outlook Sync Requires Connection

When I tried to sync my Outlook, it didn't work until I VPN'd into work and had an active connection to the exchange server. Then it worked fine, contacts and calendars.

Just be sure to set your time zone!

11. orb macrumors member

Has anyone had any luck clearing up this problem? I can't sync anything on the "info" tab. I let a sync go all night long, and it was still syncing in the morning. Everything else syncs fine, as long as I deselect everything in the info tab.

12. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I still have the same problem. I create new contacts and groups in Address Book and iTunes doesn't see any of them. Even after Restoring the iPod, restarting the computer -- everything!

No contacts, no email, no safari! I have that stuff backed up to .Mac -- you'd think that might HELP!

:mad:

13. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

No bookmarks, mail accounts, etc

I can sync music, movies and contacts but not bookmarks, mail accounts.

It says iPhone disconnected. Arrrggg.

14. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Why are people having issues with only certain syncs? It's really annoying and I think iTunes is to blame. I restored the damn thing -- maybe reinstalling iTunes will help...

Anyone have ideas?

15. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Okay, I found one answer about contacts. In address book, there is a setting in preferences to "Share" your address book with others/other apps. Enabling that fixed everything for contacts.

16. orb macrumors member

Ok - this actually helped some. I don't know what setting you were talking about. However, I did notice I had "synchronize with exchange" checked in my address book preferences. I turned that off and rebooted the phone, and I was able to sync. I don't know which of those two solved the problem, but when I got home tonight and plugged in, everything was good.

17. spongeweed thread starter macrumors newbie

18. wennefer macrumors newbie

19. bigdarts macrumors newbie

Hey BLUE my snc unchecks too!!

did you find a fix in itunes for the INFO sync issue?

20. bigdarts macrumors newbie

I get the uncheck as well and my INFO page will not sync!!

help?

21. spongeweed thread starter macrumors newbie

I had to re-install os x (as sync would lock up when trying to launch) I performed a complete erase.. all data resides on ext hard drives, so it was painless. after updating software everything worked perfectly. :)

22. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I can sync, but I end up getting duplicate entries and they keep building. I ended up disabling .mac syncing thinking it was a problem.

23. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I did the same thing. I also went into the general "settings" of the iPhone and went to Reset -- then Reset All Settings. Suddenly, my music (which had synced but didn't show up) -- appeared!!

24. Zoot33 macrumors newbie

Try this it worked for me

My contacts, Ical and Safari bookmarks didnt sync no matter what box I checked. Finally found some tips from apple support page.

RESTART YOUR COMPUTER! Thats all I needed to do and now I'm all synced up and humming!

Now does anyone know if we can synced with our main computer AND our laptops? Let me know what you hear!

25. rdwalton macrumors newbie

OK, I had been having the same sync issues with my PC; Vista or XP pro. Here is what needs to be done. In Outlook (at least in the 2007 version), go to Tools – then Trust Center. Click on the Add-ins button. In the window that appears, you should see “Outlook iTunes Sync Addin.” That needs to be active in order for your contacts to sync. Next click on the “Go” button at the bottom and make sure that “Outlook iTunes Sync Addin” is selected and press OK. That worked for me after trying every other thing in the book, including uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, iTunes, and resetting my iPhone.