iPhone won't sync and other problems.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rikos87, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Rikos87 macrumors newbie

It's a mix of several problems. First, my iPhone 5c is showing all of it's storage as the orange other. It won't sync apps, it won't sync music manually or by selection. I have tried restoring on an iCloud backup, no luck. When I try to back up from my computer, nothing happens. I've yet to try a full reset because I haven't saved all the numbers on a hard copy. This problem has also affected my iPod touch as well.

I need a solution to this, please. It's frustrating that this has happened but I'd like it to be solved. Thanks in advance, all.

EDIT: I've tried a hard reboot, i've tried the sync trick, I've tried just about every solution I can find, and short of doing a voodoo dance, I'm going to you guys for help. Thanks again.

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Just got an iPhone 6 and seeing all the same problems. First tried to restore from my 4s and ended up with a 20GB Other data tumor I couldn't get rid of. So I started over as a new phone and that worked better.

Also having lots of problems transferring music and videos from iTunes. Another post somewhere suggested that iTunes is trying to synch by wifi and cable at the same time and confusing itself. So I turned off my computer wifi and set the phone to airplane and used the usb cable. Managed to get my music on, but video was sporadic. Seems like a nasty bug that Apple should have caught, but they probably don't focus on the iTunes tethered iPhone user anymore. They'd rather we buy everything from their cloud.

3. kerr macrumors member

I don't use iCloud for much, I backup using iTunes on my Mac. And buggered if I can get my iPhone 5 backup to restore to my iPhone 6. There is definitely a bug in iTunes. Just last weekend I had to restore a backup to my iPhone 5. Worked like a charm as I expect it should. I have spent 3 days trying to get my iPhone 6 working and I am very frustrated. I have tried a number of things.

I'm starting to believe what many people say about iTunes.

4. Scottm1207 macrumors newbie

iTunes driving me nuts

I backed up my old iPhone 4 in preparation for getting my i6. When I set up my new i6 the "Welcome to Your New iPhone" screen on iTunes gave me the option of setting it up as a new iPhone or restoring from my back up. I've restored from my back up twice now, and every time I plug my phone in to configure iTunes to put music and podcasts on my new phone, it keeps taking me to this screen as if I've never set up the darned phone yet. WHY????