iPhone won't sync but will charge.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Paulr62, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Paulr62 macrumors newbie

I had to replace the battery in an iPhone 3gs. All went well, the phone works (I am posting from it now) but it isn't seen through windows. When I plug it into the computer is charges and makes the correct noise but it isn't picked up. I have tried it in 2 windows pcs and a mac.

Thanks in advance

Paul

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Wow.. That is very weird... Is the phone still under warrenty?
    And their could be a software glitch... I personally would do 1 of 2 things.. I would put the phone in recovery mode.. And see if iTunes would pick it up then. Or I would go to erase all content and settings in the settings app on the phone.. I would then see if iTunes would pick it up. And if not. I would take it to the apple store and get it replaced

3. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Hope you have been careful. I have seen this where components are damaged around the dock connector at the bottom of the board. Easy to knock a surface mount component.

4. Paulr62 thread starter macrumors newbie

My bad

I didn't try a different cable as it seemed like a coincidence with it just happening after being opened but I tried the cable from my wifes ipod touch and it worked.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The last thing you EVER want to do is "erase all content and settings."