iPhone won't sync iCal All Day Events over one year old

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by forfelix, Jan 31, 2011.

1. forfelix macrumors newbie

However events that have a specific time will sync as far back as my calendars go. I've tested this by adding all day and timed events back a year ago. I've tried deleting all the calendars from my phone and re-syncing, to the same result. Has anyone else experienced this oddity?

All events under a year old show up
    All "all day" events over a year old don't show
    All "timed" events over a year old do show

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You have probably already checked this, but it was the only thing that I could come up with.

Connect your device to iTunes, click on your device, click the info tab, and check your calendar settings, specifically the "do not sync events older than" setting.

3. forfelix thread starter macrumors newbie

its always been set to allow all events to sync, and that hasnt changed. i tried messing with it and putting in a number of days over 365 and it didnt have any effect. its a strange one.

4. forfelix thread starter macrumors newbie

was just checking something else and realized that the all-day events are syncing, however they are not showing up in the list view. they are showing up in day view and month view.

5. JamesMB, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011

JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Mine works exactly the same way, regardless if I sync an event older than a year, or enter it manually. WEIRD!

6. patandian macrumors newbie

iPhone list view will not show iCal all day events over one year old

I have exactly the same issue.
    This affects all old entries - those I transferred from Outlook using .ics files, and those input direct to iCal.
    Any fix available?

Whatever happened to 'Macs just work?'

MBP 13" mid-2009, OSX 10.6.6, iTunes 10.1.2.(17), iPhone 3G with IOS 4.2.1

7. david56 macrumors newbie

Has anyone found solution to this problem?

I have the same problem: can't see all-day events in list view on my iphone (4s IOS5). Otherwise everything is syncing fine with iCloud.

Has anyone solved this problem?

My bigger issue is that these events won't show up in iphone calendar search or in iphone spotlight search. You'd think they would should show up in a search, especially when they are visible in Day and Month view.