iPhone won't sync? iOS Beta

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shakeman0, Jul 26, 2011.

1. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Hello,

I just updated to iOS beta 4, the latest beta version of iTunes, and OSX Lion. Everything was running smoothly before, but now I can't sync any of my music. All of my apps, pictures, contacts, everything syncs but my music. I've tried switching between sync all and sync selected. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, restarted my computer, and reset my phone several times. I've run out of ideas... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Double check the version of iTunes. I think Lion uses 10.4 whereas for the betas you need 10.5.

How do you have your music set up to sync? Do you use a playlist, check boxes in the music tab, do all, or is it set up to manually manage music?

3. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'm running iTunes 10.5 beta 4. I have tried selecting "Sync all" and "Sync selected". I've tried selecting playlists and selecting artists. Also, there is a little caution sign next to my iPhone when it finishes syncing. I can't find out what that means either...

4. parkjohnston macrumors newbie

i had the same problems with beta 3 have yet to try and sync it with 4 but once i do i will let you know what happens....

the caution sign can mean many things about the songs could be unauthorized or unable to sync do to them not being found

5. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

6. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Did you authorize your account with the new install?

7. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Alright, I'm confused. I got up this morning and plugged my phone in and it synced all my music... In my experience with computers issues don't resolve themselves so it's a little strange that it works now.