Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanksno1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
So I'm trying to sync my music from my iTunes (12.3.3) to my iPhone 6S Plus (9.3.1) and it just flat out won't. I'm using a Macbook Air 10.11.4. I've tried deleting all the music on my iPhone, but now when I select Sync Music (and have my Entire music library selected) all the songs show up in the audio part of the storage bar. So if I click apply, it looks like it's syncing the music at first but then it goes through it and only syncs the U2 album (and the songs aren't in the storage bar obviously). If I delete my music again, it will delete the U2 album, but the same thing happens when I try to select my entire music. I've posted screenshots (I'm Zach by the way) of what happens below.

lUmgMh7.png

LRDYNIo.png

6I2D4x0.png

Do you guys have any suggestions on what might be going on here?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
So I'm trying to sync my music from my iTunes (12.3.3) to my iPhone 6S Plus (9.3.1) and it just flat out won't. I'm using a Macbook Air 10.11.4. I've tried deleting all the music on my iPhone, but now when I select Sync Music (and have my Entire music library selected) all the songs show up in the audio part of the storage bar. So if I click apply, it looks like it's syncing the music at first but then it goes through it and only syncs the U2 album (and the songs aren't in the storage bar obviously). If I delete my music again, it will delete the U2 album, but the same thing happens when I try to select my entire music. I've posted screenshots (I'm Zach by the way) of what happens below.

lUmgMh7.png

LRDYNIo.png

6I2D4x0.png

Do you guys have any suggestions on what might be going on here?

Zach,

If you select music at the top left near movies do you see a list of all albums and songs or do you see albums with a cloud icon at the top right of each album?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Zach,

If you select music at the top left near movies do you see a list of all albums and songs or do you see albums with a cloud icon at the top right of each album?
I notice he has family sharing on.
Would this relate to the issue?

yanksno1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
Zach,

No cloud icon next to each song, it's all on my Macbook Air.

I notice he has family sharing on.
Would this relate to the issue?

Where do you see that setting? I'm totally missing it. I wouldn't think it should matter, but I can try turning it off to see if that's the issue.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
No cloud icon next to each song, it's all on my Macbook Air.

Where do you see that setting? I'm totally missing it. I wouldn't think it should matter, but I can try turning it off to see if that's the issue.
I have seen a small house icon at the left of that music icon, so.

yanksno1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
Nope, doesn't look like that's the issue. Disconnected the server and the same thing happens. I'm really at a loss. Tried doing a hard reset on the phone, upgraded to 10.11.4. Here's some more screenshots with the server disconnected.

WA3Hqg1.png

BDBro6G.png

HRDXVtv.png

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Nope, doesn't look like that's the issue. Disconnected the server and the same thing happens. I'm really at a loss. Tried doing a hard reset on the phone, upgraded to 10.11.4. Here's some more screenshots with the server disconnected.

WA3Hqg1.png

BDBro6G.png

HRDXVtv.png
Maybe you can consider using utilities like iExplorer to manually delete iTunes library on your device, and try syncing again.
It's free for this purpose.

yanksno1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
Haha! I found out what the issue was. So after turning the iTunes server off and reloading iTunes, then it was showing the icon for not found media next to each song. So deleting what was there and re-scanning it worked! Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Haha! I found out what the issue was. So after turning the iTunes server off and reloading iTunes, then it was showing the icon for not found media next to each song. So deleting what was there and re-scanning it worked! Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction!
Congratulations! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.